A busy beginning for fall
Sep. 5th, 2026 11:56 pmToday felt autumnal in many respects. We had our first football game of the year, with the #2 ranked Oregon team barely getting a win against Boise State, which is always a strong team yet unranked this year. As always, I used the football game to start making progress on my big stack of this year’s local newspapers, in today’s case the month of February. There were only three articles that I set aside to read at some point.
After that, J and I started working on the overgrown mess of the yard next to that fence that’s started collapsing – we worked fairly vigorously for 30 minutes, then he did a bike ride and I ate lunch then walked down to the park to meet him, then we worked on the yard for 15 minutes more. There’s still lots to do, but our progress was noticeable.
After that, J and I started working on the overgrown mess of the yard next to that fence that’s started collapsing – we worked fairly vigorously for 30 minutes, then he did a bike ride and I ate lunch then walked down to the park to meet him, then we worked on the yard for 15 minutes more. There’s still lots to do, but our progress was noticeable.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-06 01:22 pm (UTC)What a good feeling to get some work on the fence done.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-06 08:44 pm (UTC)I'm glad we made some progress on those blackberry vines - we need to get the fence replaced before the abandoned yard on the other side of it is full of the vines again, so there needs to be space for the workers to be able to stand.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-08 11:41 pm (UTC)Oh gosh those darn blackberry vines - your nemesis! Ugh.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-09 07:54 pm (UTC)On the other hand, I'm watching Downton Abbey again on Masterpiece, and it was Matthew Crawley's next-to-last episode last night, and I had nightmares all night about next week's episode. Bah.