This week’s Friday movie was one of my favorites… Jason and the Argonauts! It seemed slower than I remembered, but that’s okay.
The movie I watched with meals was a worthwhile surprise – a relatively smart Hallmark romance. The title, Much About Love, hints that it’s an adaptation of “Much Ado About Nothing,” and the two main characters (Bea and Benny, naturally) are a former couple who now have to put on a production of a Shakespeare play with another pair of bickering and bantering lovers, “The Taming of the Shrew.” I looked up the writer so I could see if they write other Hallmark movies, and it turned out to be the lead actress. She hadn’t written any before, but her dad is a Pulitzer-winning journalist, and her sister has written a best-selling memoir, so she obviously comes from an educated family.
The movie I watched with meals was a worthwhile surprise – a relatively smart Hallmark romance. The title, Much About Love, hints that it’s an adaptation of “Much Ado About Nothing,” and the two main characters (Bea and Benny, naturally) are a former couple who now have to put on a production of a Shakespeare play with another pair of bickering and bantering lovers, “The Taming of the Shrew.” I looked up the writer so I could see if they write other Hallmark movies, and it turned out to be the lead actress. She hadn’t written any before, but her dad is a Pulitzer-winning journalist, and her sister has written a best-selling memoir, so she obviously comes from an educated family.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-05 02:10 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-05 08:37 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-05 02:42 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-05 08:41 pm (UTC)I rely on my DVR, as there's very little I want to watch at the time it's shown, nor do I usually have the patience to sit there that long. You must have seen the Barcelona movies with Ashley Williams - I really liked them. And Mystery 101 was probably my favorite series of all of the Hallmark mysteries. I also liked Hailey Dean and The Gourmet Detective - generally I prefer the mysteries where the investigators are smart over the ones where they're just enthusiastic.