Resolutions: August report
Sep. 1st, 2026 03:25 pmBooks. For the first time this year, I didn’t complete a book resolution for the month. I gave up on The Guns of August after that first paragraph, and although I did start reading History of Beauty and got as far as the Renaissance, it wasn’t very well written, and the excerpts were in such small type that it was almost too much work to read them. For September, I’m going to either finish that one or declare that I’m giving up on it. I’m also going to see about reading The Myth of Disenchantment, by Jason Ā. Josephson-Storm. I’d liked his other book quite a bit.
J’s Indoor Parking and My Massive Computer Backup. This resolution was formerly Boxes. I need to move a bunch of stuff out of J’s garage so he can park in it, before the rainy season starts. We’re expecting rain tomorrow, but hopefully he won’t mind that I haven’t made more progress! My intention at this point is to deal with the three boxes of ancient clothes (wash them, sort them, pack things up), to move the closed tubs of things back into my spare bedroom, and to actually do something with the contents of the other boxes, etc., but it’s possible I’ll just shift all that into some tidier arrangement.
As for the massive computer backup project, I did manage to locate the external hard drive I bought years ago, yay, and then I bought a new adapter for it. The next steps are to look at that external hard drive (I think it just has some pdfs on it), start the massive backup project with the various handy computers, and ideally make an inventory of all of the computers I’ve got.
Better eating. My digestion was pretty good this month. I had salmon six times; I also had five peaches and numerous blackberries.
J’s Indoor Parking and My Massive Computer Backup. This resolution was formerly Boxes. I need to move a bunch of stuff out of J’s garage so he can park in it, before the rainy season starts. We’re expecting rain tomorrow, but hopefully he won’t mind that I haven’t made more progress! My intention at this point is to deal with the three boxes of ancient clothes (wash them, sort them, pack things up), to move the closed tubs of things back into my spare bedroom, and to actually do something with the contents of the other boxes, etc., but it’s possible I’ll just shift all that into some tidier arrangement.
As for the massive computer backup project, I did manage to locate the external hard drive I bought years ago, yay, and then I bought a new adapter for it. The next steps are to look at that external hard drive (I think it just has some pdfs on it), start the massive backup project with the various handy computers, and ideally make an inventory of all of the computers I’ve got.
Better eating. My digestion was pretty good this month. I had salmon six times; I also had five peaches and numerous blackberries.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-02 12:41 am (UTC)I have been quicker lately on giving up on books vs forcing myself to read them. Thank goodness for the most part, they are library books or $1.99 books.
Your better eating; that is great! I have been having pea protein smoothies for lunch and I'm losing a little weight and feeling less hungry. But when it gets cold, I'm not sure I can keep it up!
no subject
Date: 2026-09-02 08:01 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-02 03:11 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-02 08:24 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-02 12:31 pm (UTC)