Glad to get to do things
Oct. 13th, 2026 11:55 pmFinally, today, I got to do lots of things! I’d had a cold that lasted more than two weeks, plus minor food poisoning, and then when I was presumably all well again the heating part of my heat pump came on during the night for two nights, and all the dust it stirred up gave me quite a headache. But! Last night I turned the heat pump setting as low as I could, and today, no headache!
I went to two libraries, a bookstore, a hardware store, and a supermarket. I acquired six library books, two classical CDs from a dollar bin, a pretty card for my sister’s birthday (photo of hollyhocks), a glass storage bowl suitable for use in the freezer, a “telescopic cobweb duster,” and some salmon. When I got home I ate the salmon and did a good job in my annual cleaning of the cobwebs that collect in the eaves around my front porch – it was so easy that I’ll probably do it a lot more often. We also signed the card, and I mailed it to my sister. Later, J – who could have had jury duty today but did not, hooray – and I went to Safeway and had to spend $200 to get the optimal discount. It was a lot of work. But then we were done and could relax.
I went to two libraries, a bookstore, a hardware store, and a supermarket. I acquired six library books, two classical CDs from a dollar bin, a pretty card for my sister’s birthday (photo of hollyhocks), a glass storage bowl suitable for use in the freezer, a “telescopic cobweb duster,” and some salmon. When I got home I ate the salmon and did a good job in my annual cleaning of the cobwebs that collect in the eaves around my front porch – it was so easy that I’ll probably do it a lot more often. We also signed the card, and I mailed it to my sister. Later, J – who could have had jury duty today but did not, hooray – and I went to Safeway and had to spend $200 to get the optimal discount. It was a lot of work. But then we were done and could relax.
no subject
Date: 2026-10-14 01:40 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-10-14 09:21 pm (UTC)